Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynda Lynda is offline

Default Hovering comments

I am creating a document in word that will eventually be posted on the web. I
have some highlighted text that I want to put comments on just as you do with
the web where you can hover over certain text for further info. I have
managed to do the highlight on hover but what I want to know is how can I get
rid of my name and time from the comments box as well as the notation beside
the text in the document. Hope this makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Bad approach all round. None of this will work for web users who don't have
Word or who aren't prepared to download your document (and there are
corporate sites that preclude the possibility). Word documents are not web
pages.

"Lynda" wrote in message
I am creating a document in word that will eventually be posted on the web.
have some highlighted text that I want to put comments on just as you do
with
the web where you can hover over certain text for further info. I have
managed to do the highlight on hover but what I want to know is how can I
get
rid of my name and time from the comments box as well as the notation
beside
the text in the document. Hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynda Lynda is offline

Thank you for your time Jezebel. Sorry for not explaining myself better i was
at work and getting quite frustrated. The document will be posted as a word
doc on an internal intranet site. So as to contain the length of the document
i decided to add comments containing further information on selected passages
in the document rather than putting it in the document itself. I wanted to
get rid of all the extra info in the comment box such as name, date, time and
the word 'commented' and just leave the information relating to the passage.
If you can suggest another solution to this i would be extremely grateful.

"Lynda" wrote in message
I am creating a document in word that will eventually be posted on the web.
have some highlighted text that I want to put comments on just as you do
with
the web where you can hover over certain text for further info. I have
managed to do the highlight on hover but what I want to know is how can I
get
rid of my name and time from the comments box as well as the notation
beside
the text in the document. Hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If you want a good solution, use an application that's designed for
on-screen delivery of information (ie not Word). If you're committed to Word
for the convenience, then stop worrying about it and live with what you get.