Trlamamemi

Default How do I search for a specific word in the file name?

I have been trying to figure out how I can make Word search for a specific
word contained in the file name of my documents. I have the same program at
work and it does it there. For example, I have my files saved by document
type, client and date = Motion.Smith.5.05. I can click open on the toolbar,
type in "smith" in the file name and it pulls up all documents I have done
with the name Smith in the file name. It doesn't do it on my home computer.
I have to go to the advanced search or the search in the start menu. Does
anyone have any suggestions????
Graham Mayor

Do you have a more recent version of Word at home?
Simply use wildcards i.e. in the example you have quoted put *smith* in the
filename box and press enter.

Trlamamemi wrote:
I have been trying to figure out how I can make Word search for a
specific word contained in the file name of my documents. I have the
same program at work and it does it there. For example, I have my
files saved by document type, client and date = Motion.Smith.5.05. I
can click open on the toolbar, type in "smith" in the file name and
it pulls up all documents I have done with the name Smith in the file
name. It doesn't do it on my home computer. I have to go to the
any suggestions????