Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default file location tab?

When I check in the tools/options/ file location tab to see what is in the
startup file, it does not show the files that are actually there.

Those files are only shown when I go out of Word and into Windows Explorer
to that file location? I know they are there, but Is there a way to make them
show in Word's file locations tab? thanks.

Also is there a good tutorial on how to do macros on the web?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

t.com wrote in message
When I check in the tools/options/ file location tab to see what is in the
startup file, it does not show the files that are actually there.

Why would it?

Those files are only shown when I go out of Word and into Windows
Explorer
to that file location? I know they are there, but Is there a way to make
them
show in Word's file locations tab? thanks.

No AFAIK - and again, why would it? that menu option is to set the LOCATION
of files, as it states, not to SEE them.

Also is there a good tutorial on how to do macros on the web?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

To add to Gordon's reply, everything in the Startup folder that is a valid
template will be loaded. You cannot navigate to the folder and select just
one of the templates to load from that dialog. That is why you can only
select a folder for Startup and not any of the contents.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

t.com wrote in message
When I check in the tools/options/ file location tab to see what is in the
startup file, it does not show the files that are actually there.

Those files are only shown when I go out of Word and into Windows
Explorer
to that file location? I know they are there, but Is there a way to make
them
show in Word's file locations tab? thanks.

Also is there a good tutorial on how to do macros on the web?

How to keep file location in Insert Picture From File? hstijnen Microsoft Word Help 3 November 23rd 06 06:08 PM
Word reverting to default file location on file save teresav Microsoft Word Help 4 October 26th 06 08:22 PM
ODC file location Rosa Mailmerge 0 October 26th 05 05:10 PM
Disable File Location Tab Alan Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 05 03:11 AM
File Location ES New Users 2 January 8th 05 06:06 AM