Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gail Ferreira

Default pagination incorrect

After editing a Word 2003 doc with header levels and normal text in between
including bulleted lists, Word repaginated the document when I updated the
Table of Contents. Now Print Preview only shows text on the lower 1/2 of the
page, and the document has twice as many pages, inclding the numbering in the
Table of Contents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gail Ferreira

No, the margins are 1" at the top, and 1.25" at the bottom. I updated the
Table of Contents and it still has twice the pages it should, since it is
still is only using only the bottom 1/2 of each 8.5 x 11" page.

I tried copied the whole document into another document and stil lhave the
same effect.
Thanks,
Gail

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like you might have increased the top or header margin.

"Gail Ferreira" Gail wrote in message
After editing a Word 2003 doc with header levels and normal text in

between
including bulleted lists, Word repaginated the document when I updated the
Table of Contents. Now Print Preview only shows text on the lower 1/2 of

the
page, and the document has twice as many pages, inclding the numbering in

the
Table of Contents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What is the vertical alignment setting (Page Setup | Layout)? Any paragraphs
formatted as "Keep with next," "Keep lines together"?

If you'd like to send a small sample of the doc, I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like you might have increased the top or header margin.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Gail Ferreira" Gail wrote in

message
After editing a Word 2003 doc with header levels and normal text in

between
including bulleted lists, Word repaginated the document when I updated

the
Table of Contents. Now Print Preview only shows text on the lower 1/2

of
the
page, and the document has twice as many pages, inclding the numbering

in
the
Table of Contents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gail Ferreira

Suzanne, thanks.
The Page Setup | Layout is set to Top. I don't think there are any "Keep
with Next" or "Keep lines together" set, but even if there is one, this is
happening on EVERY page !

How do I send you a sample ? (My email is gailferreira on hotmail).
Thanks so much,
Gail

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like you might have increased the top or header margin.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Gail Ferreira" Gail wrote in

message
After editing a Word 2003 doc with header levels and normal text in
between
including bulleted lists, Word repaginated the document when I updated

the
Table of Contents. Now Print Preview only shows text on the lower 1/2

of
the
page, and the document has twice as many pages, inclding the numbering

in
the
Table of Contents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Click on my name at the top of the message to get the profile that has a
link to my email address.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the vertical alignment setting (Page Setup | Layout)? Any

paragraphs
formatted as "Keep with next," "Keep lines together"?

If you'd like to send a small sample of the doc, I'll take a look.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.