Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
2angels 2angels is offline

Default rich text to plain text

I have a resume that is saved in a "rich text" format. I am trying to attach
it to an "online application" that only accepts "plain text" documents. I
don't know how to convert my rich text to plain text. I have Word 2000 if it
makes a difference.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can save in a text format: File | Save As, choose "Text Only
(*.txt)" for "Save as type." Click OK.

Note that any formatting not supported in a text document (such as
tables) will be lost.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"2angels" wrote in message
I have a resume that is saved in a "rich text" format. I am trying
to attach
it to an "online application" that only accepts "plain text"
documents. I
don't know how to convert my rich text to plain text. I have Word
2000 if it makes a difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi,

There are many ways to do this, here's one:
.. Open your Word document and copy all of the text you want to paste into the application.
.. Open Notepad and paste the text into that
.. Copy the text from Notepad and paste it into the application.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]