Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Default How to save macros and templates?

Hi,

I use Word 2003 at home and Word 2007 at work, both in Windows XP SP3.

I've created some macros and templates in both, and now I'd like to save
them. Is the best method to save the macros to save the normal.dot and
normal.dotm templates on the external drive I use for backing up data?
Should I search for my templates and put copies of them on the external
drive? If there's a better way, I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Presumably you have already saved them otherwise they wouldn't exist? If you
want to back them up copy the templates in question to another location.
The simplest way to deal with macros that are intended to be used with both
platforms is to move/copy them to a DOT format template and then use that
template as an add-in for both versions.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
Document templates in DOT format can also be used with both versions.