Peter in New Zealand

Default Lock toolbar position

I have added the Blogger toolbar to Word 2000 and it works a treat. However
I want the toolbar docked in a particular position, but it persists in
returning to the initial place every time I start Word. Is there any way to
lock the darn thing into place, maybe like IE6 toolbars? Thanks heaps.

--
Peter in New Zealand. (Pull the plug out to reply.)
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Peter,

I have added the Blogger toolbar to Word 2000 and it works a treat. However
I want the toolbar docked in a particular position, but it persists in
returning to the initial place every time I start Word. Is there any way to
lock the darn thing into place, maybe like IE6 toolbars?

This sounds as if the toolbar position may be set by the Addin supplying it.
I'm not familiar with the tool, but I'd try asking the "supplier" (whoever
wrote the Addin). If it's hard-coded into the Addin (because it's recreating
the toolbar each time), then there's nothing you can do to make Word "save"
the position, although you could, conceivably, write a macro to reposition it
once Word has finished loading.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Peter in New Zealand

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote in

Hi Peter,

I have added the Blogger toolbar to Word 2000 and it works a treat.
However I want the toolbar docked in a particular position, but it
persists in returning to the initial place every time I start Word.
Is there any way to lock the darn thing into place, maybe like IE6
toolbars?

This sounds as if the toolbar position may be set by the Addin
supplying it. I'm not familiar with the tool, but I'd try asking the
"supplier" (whoever wrote the Addin). If it's hard-coded into the
Addin (because it's recreating the toolbar each time), then there's
nothing you can do to make Word "save" the position, although you
could, conceivably, write a macro to reposition it once Word has
finished loading.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Thank you Cindy. I have sent the question to Blogger support and will
post back here when I hear from them.