Default Convert Footnotes to Hard Text ???

I've got a long document with a bazillion footnotes. I'd like to
convert them to hard-coded text. How do I do that?

*(((({

Thanks, Klaus -- I'll give it a try.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:21:51 +0100,
"Klaus Linke" wrote:

|"*(((({" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
| I've got a long document with a bazillion footnotes. I'd like to
| convert them to hard-coded text. How do I do that?
|
| *(((({
|

|Hi *(((({
|
|Below's the macro I have been using...
|Maybe you can improve on it a bit, or adapt it to your needs.
|
|Greetings,
|Klaus
|

|Sub footnotestrip()
| Dim afootnote As Footnote
| Dim NumberOfFootnotes As Integer
| Dim i As Integer
| Dim aFootnoteReference As String
| Dim aFootnoteRefTag As String
| NumberOfFootnotes = ActiveDocument.Footnotes.Count
| For i = NumberOfFootnotes To 1 Step -1
| Set afootnote = ActiveDocument.Footnotes(i)
| afootnote.Range.Select
| Selection.MoveStartWhile Cset:=" " & Chr(9)
| Selection.Cut
| aFootnoteReference = afootnote.Reference.Text
| Select Case aFootnoteReference
| Case Chr(2)
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNZ"
| Case "*"
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNS"
| Case Else
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNRef" _
| & aFootnoteReference & "/FNRef"
| End Select
| afootnote.Reference.Select
| If afootnote.Reference.Text = Chr(40) Then
| With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertSymbol)
| aFootnoteRefTag = _
| "FNSym," & .Font & "," _
| & .CharNum & ""
| End With
| End If
| afootnote.Delete
| Selection.InsertBefore "FN" _
| & aFootnoteRefTag
| Selection.Collapse (wdCollapseEnd)
| Selection.Paste
| Selection.InsertAfter "/FN"
| Next i
|End Sub

Doug Robbins

The following would also work for footnotes, but it places them at the end
of the document, not at the foot of each page.

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document

' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.

'

Dim aendnote As Endnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range

aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"

Next aendnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

aendnote.Reference.Delete

Next aendnote

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting

Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting

With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font

.Superscript = True

End With

With Selection.Find

.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"

.Replacement.Text = "\2"

.Forward = True

.Wrap = wdFindContinue

.Format = True

.MatchWildcards = True

End With

Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

|"*(((({" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| I've got a long document with a bazillion footnotes. I'd like to
| convert them to hard-coded text. How do I do that?
|
| *(((({
|

|Hi *(((({
|
|Below's the macro I have been using...
|Maybe you can improve on it a bit, or adapt it to your needs.
|
|Greetings,
|Klaus
|

|Sub footnotestrip()
| Dim afootnote As Footnote
| Dim NumberOfFootnotes As Integer
| Dim i As Integer
| Dim aFootnoteReference As String
| Dim aFootnoteRefTag As String
| NumberOfFootnotes = ActiveDocument.Footnotes.Count
| For i = NumberOfFootnotes To 1 Step -1
| Set afootnote = ActiveDocument.Footnotes(i)
| afootnote.Range.Select
| Selection.MoveStartWhile Cset:=" " & Chr(9)
| Selection.Cut
| aFootnoteReference = afootnote.Reference.Text
| Select Case aFootnoteReference
| Case Chr(2)
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNZ"
| Case "*"
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNS"
| Case Else
| aFootnoteRefTag = "FNRef" _
| & aFootnoteReference & "/FNRef"
| End Select
| afootnote.Reference.Select
| If afootnote.Reference.Text = Chr(40) Then
| With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertSymbol)
| aFootnoteRefTag = _
| "FNSym," & .Font & "," _
| & .CharNum & ""
| End With
| End If
| afootnote.Delete
| Selection.InsertBefore "FN" _
| & aFootnoteRefTag
| Selection.Collapse (wdCollapseEnd)
| Selection.Paste
| Selection.InsertAfter "/FN"
| Next i
|End Sub

How do I convert ink to text in word 2003 Oreo Microsoft Word Help 1 February 10th 05 02:07 AM
Footnotes (endnotes) and justified text Susan C Page Layout 2 January 5th 05 11:58 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Converting field results to hard text Thomas Payne Formatting Long Documents 7 December 10th 04 07:39 PM
convert from table to text separating data by a simple space and . RJK Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 04 07:39 PM