Lorax

Default How do I insert a landscape chart in portrait document?

I want to insert a landscape oriented chart from Excel into a Word document
that is portrait oriented. I do not care if the chart displays sideways on
the screen, people will only be looking at it when it is printed onto paper
and they will just turn their booklets to see the chart correctly.
While we are at it, how can I have some pages of a document landscaped and
some pages portrait, and all display right side up on the screen?
Anne Troy

Try this, Lorax:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_wo rd.htm

Part 2 of your question? No can do.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lorax" wrote in message
I want to insert a landscape oriented chart from Excel into a Word

document
that is portrait oriented. I do not care if the chart displays sideways on
the screen, people will only be looking at it when it is printed onto

paper
and they will just turn their booklets to see the chart correctly.
While we are at it, how can I have some pages of a document landscaped and
some pages portrait, and all display right side up on the screen?

Windowed

I just did something like this yestereday. Put a section break before and
after the page that is to be landscape. Then just set that page to landscape.
(Try 'this section only.' If you do 'rest of document', you have to change
back to portrait on the next page.) I did it for an Word table, but it
should work for a chart too.) Look out for extra pages getting inserted
before of after this.

Re showing right way on screen: I don't think that's a problem. It shows OK
for me in print view.

"Lorax" wrote in message
I want to insert a landscape oriented chart from Excel into a Word

document
that is portrait oriented. I do not care if the chart displays sideways on
the screen, people will only be looking at it when it is printed onto

paper
and they will just turn their booklets to see the chart correctly.
While we are at it, how can I have some pages of a document landscaped and
some pages portrait, and all display right side up on the screen?

Lorax

Thanks Anne !! This is exactly the info I was looking for. It is too bad
that the little animated assistant in Word can't be more helpful, I'm sure
this info is in the program help file but the little begger couldn't
understand what I wanted.

Lorax
(Go Digital! Convert to electronic documents, and save the Truffela Trees.)