Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xi Shi Xi Shi is offline

Default How to change the reference number style?

My chapter title is arranged with the style as:

Chapter IV The In...

while i want my figuire caption to be like:

Figure 4.5 The diagram of .....

but if you insert the caption directly, it creates such caption with the
style as:

Figure IV.5 The ....

How?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The chapter part of the chapter/page numbering comes from a STYLEREF
field. This field does not seem to allow the use of general switches.
What you can do is create the chapter numbering with SEQ fields and
reference it with a (different) SEQ field. For example:

{ SEQ h1 \* ROMAN } Heading 1 paragraph

Figure { SEQ h1 \c }.{ SEQ Figure }

To view the codes of existing fields, use the Alt+F9 toggle.

To add a field, you can press Ctrl+F9. Word inserts field delimiters,
{}. Type the code as shown. Press F9 to update.

You can use copy and paste to duplicate a field.

Note that fields do not update automatically, which will be especially
apparent whenever you use copy and paste to create duplicates.
Switching to print preview triggers an update. Also note that you can
update all fields at any time by selecting the whole document and then
pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP