Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarahsyers sarahsyers is offline

Default How do I insert the start menu symbol into a word document.

how do I insert the start menu symbol into a list of keyboard shortcuts I'm
typing up in a word document. Can't find it anywhere in the insert menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:17:00 -0800, sarahsyers
wrote:

how do I insert the start menu symbol into a list of keyboard shortcuts I'm
typing up in a word document. Can't find it anywhere in the insert menu.

Do you mean the four-section flag next to the word Start? If so, open
the Insert Symbol dialog, choose the Wingdings font, and select the
last character in the display.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rupert Bear Rupert Bear is offline

wrote:

how do I insert the start menu symbol into a list of keyboard shortcuts I'm
typing up in a word document. Can't find it anywhere in the insert menu.

Do you mean the four-section flag next to the word Start? If so, open
the Insert Symbol dialog, choose the Wingdings font, and select the
last character in the display.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

To assign the "Start key symbol" a combination of keys as a keyboard shortcut;
To the answer of Jay do this after clicking on the flag; Click on the
Shortcut tab then assign a selection of keys to the "Press new shortcut key"
box, than click on "Assign" the tab. RB