Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Stan Brown

Default Trouble with Shortcut Organizer -- any advice?

http://www.chriswoodman.co.uk/Shortcut%20Organizer.htm is often
recommended by the MVPs to transfer keyboard shortcuts from one
template to another.

For me, (Word 2003, Win XP Pro SP2), Shortcut Organizer macro runs
but doesn't bring up its Organizer dialog box.

Details of what I did:

Downloaded version 2. (I tried version 3, but it's the same file as
version 2. I tried contacting the uthor, but e-mail to the address on
is Web page bounced.)

Opened shortorg.dot, read instructions, closed Word, moved
shortorg.dot to my startup directory

Double-clicked on my resume to open Word. The two-button toolbar
appeared, but when I clicked on the Organizer button the Organizer
box did not appear: there was no error message, nothing. When I
clicked on the "Organize Keyboard" menu item on its own I also got
nothing. (Document Variables does bring up its box.)

Closed Word, reopened it; clicked the button; got the message about
"cannot run from a document that has not been saved". So we know the
macro runs, but for some reason it just doesn't open its dialog box.

Is shortorg just not compatible with Word 2003, or is there something
I should be doing differently?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child