Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mholland_esq mholland_esq is offline

Default Legal Pleading Wizard not on Word 2007?

I just purchased MS Office Small Business 2007. One of the primary reasons
for doing so was because I needed to use the Legal Pleading Wizard but had
lost my CDs from my old Word program. I have been trying to find the Legal
Pleading Wizard, but cannot do so with the version I just purchased. The
online templates are worthless. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:16:00 -0700, mholland_esq
wrote:

I just purchased MS Office Small Business 2007. One of the primary reasons
for doing so was because I needed to use the Legal Pleading Wizard but had
lost my CDs from my old Word program. I have been trying to find the Legal
Pleading Wizard, but cannot do so with the version I just purchased. The
online templates are worthless. Any ideas?

There are no wizards in Office 2007 (see
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179199(TechNet.10).aspx#BKMK_Removed).
In my experience, even if you copy the Word 2003 wizard to the templates folder
for 2007, it doesn't run.

My advice would be to buy a copy of Office 2003 if you can still find one, or
create your own template that's more to your liking.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi M.,

As Jay mentions, there are no longer any wizards included with Office in the 2007 edition.

Under Office button=New you can search on 'pleadings' for several forms that are available. These are basically sample form sets
created with the pleading wizard that have Word 'fields' in them for putting in the variable information.

FWIW, I have put the two parts of the Word 2003 Pleadings Wizard, Pleading.wiz and PleadSub.wiz in the Word 2007 templates folder
and they do work for me. But unlike some of the other Wizards that are available from http://office.microsoft.com/templates the
Legal Pleading one does not seem to be available. It couldn't hurt to use the 'Suggest a Template' link on the templates site to
ask Microsoft to make that Wizard available.

==============
mholland_esq" wrote in message
I just purchased MS Office Small Business 2007. One of the primary reasons
for doing so was because I needed to use the Legal Pleading Wizard but had
lost my CDs from my old Word program. I have been trying to find the Legal
Pleading Wizard, but cannot do so with the version I just purchased. The
online templates are worthless. Any ideas?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

kirwanlaw kirwanlaw is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholland_esq View Post
I just purchased MS Office Small Business 2007. One of the primary reasons
for doing so was because I needed to use the Legal Pleading Wizard but had
lost my CDs from my old Word program. I have been trying to find the Legal
Pleading Wizard, but cannot do so with the version I just purchased. The
online templates are worthless. Any ideas?
I would love some ideas for Word 2010. There is no legal pleading wizard on Word 2010. Any ideas? The on-line templates are not helpful.