Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Font Color on Forwarded Emails Font Color on Forwarded Emails is offline

Default I want my changes to be in black, not blue font

When I forward an email and want to make a few changes before sending to a
new recipient, all the changes I make appear in blue rather than black font.
How do I set it so the changes I make are in black and don't stand out from
the rest of the email?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

That would depend entirely on your email client. Assuming Windows Mail, you
can find the font color symbol on the toolbar. It's the A with a colored
line under it. For any other mail client, you will have to ask in their
support groups.

Note that almost all mail clients also support a plain text mode. In such a
mode, no fancy formatting or colors can be used. For Windows Mail, you can
find the option under the "Format" menu.

Yves

wrote in message
When I forward an email and want to make a few changes before sending to a
new recipient, all the changes I make appear in blue rather than black
font.
How do I set it so the changes I make are in black and don't stand out
from
the rest of the email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to Track Changes in a Word document sent as an attachment? If
so, for Word 2007, you can choose the colors you want at Review tab | Track
Changes | Change Tracking Options. The corresponding options for Word 2003 are
at Tools | Options, Track Changes tab.

On the other hand, if you are adding text to an HTML message, just select and
format the text in the desired font and color.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
When I forward an email and want to make a few changes before sending to a
new recipient, all the changes I make appear in blue rather than black font.
How do I set it so the changes I make are in black and don't stand out from
the rest of the email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jmo[_2_] jmo[_2_] is offline

From Microsoft Outlook, click on tools, options, mail format,
stationary and fonts, and under "replying or forwarding messages" click
the font and color you choose.

--
jmo
jmo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=2029

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, assuming that is what the OP is trying to do, and that the OP uses Outlook.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From Microsoft Outlook, click on tools, options, mail format,