Staytuned Staytuned is offline
Junior Member

Default How to extract particular sentences containing a distinct word and put the sentence i

I would like to extract particular sentence from a file (which has thousands of lines of sentences), which contains specific word, After that, I would like to put those sentences into excel format
For example

john eats apple while he goes home today
john goes to supermarket and then he goes home right not
alice doesn't go home but goes to party
barbara wasn't at home yesterday but she went to the movie
John's mom went to the barbeque party
Alice was going to make a new driving license but she was required to take lessons

Question: I would like to extract the word "home" from those 6 lines and put the sentences into excel format.
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated! Thanks
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staytuned View Post
I would like to extract particular sentence from a file (which has thousands of lines of sentences), which contains specific word, After that, I would like to put those sentences into excel format
For example

john eats apple while he goes home today
john goes to supermarket and then he goes home right not
alice doesn't go home but goes to party
barbara wasn't at home yesterday but she went to the movie
John's mom went to the barbeque party
Alice was going to make a new driving license but she was required to take lessons

Question: I would like to extract the word "home" from those 6 lines and put the sentences into excel format.
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated! Thanks
On the Home tab, click on Find (Navigation will open of the left-hand side of the page) now type "home " (note it is home plus 1 space) then click on Replace - leave this blank, then click on 'Replace All' until it has checked the whole document (or you can do it one at a time if you want to check what's happening).

Now select and Copy the six sentences, open Excel and select cell A1, select the 'Paste' drop down arrow and select 'Paste Special' - the Paste Special dialog box opens, now select 'Text', then click on 'OK' and the six sentences will each be in a different cell or rather in the range A1:A6.

Cheers