Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default How do I fix the #s to move with my tabs for the outline list form

A couple days ago, the tabs and the outline worked fine, but now the numbers
and letters will not move with my tab...
1) A
2) B
3) C
4) D
This is how I want it to look like...but I had to keep left click or click
on the ribbon to indent. Does anyone know how I can fix it so it will
automatically do this? (The Automatic numbered list is already checked...)
Thanks...
1)A
a) B
i) C
(1) D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are A, B, C, and D actually different outline levels? If not, they should
have the same indent. If so, I'd expect them to have different numbering
styles. In any case, in order to use Tab and Shift+Tab to demote/promote
levels, check the box for "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and
backspaces" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect
Options.

"Sue" wrote in message
A couple days ago, the tabs and the outline worked fine, but now the
numbers
and letters will not move with my tab...
1) A
2) B
3) C
4) D
This is how I want it to look like...but I had to keep left click or click
on the ribbon to indent. Does anyone know how I can fix it so it will
automatically do this? (The Automatic numbered list is already checked...)
Thanks...
1)A
a) B
i) C
(1) D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default How do I fix the #s to move with my tabs for the outline list

Thanks, the set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces worked; I
remembered I had checked every box, and it still didn't work; now it does,
weird...
Thanks again.