Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
teanamaree teanamaree is offline

Default Anchor a drop down list or make it functional in the header (Word

I have a form that I send to customers to fill out and return.
I built a drop down list and need it to be anchored at the top and bottom of
each page of my form. Drop down lists are not functional in a header or
footer and therefore I cannot place the drop down list in the header and
footer. There are text based fields of the document that are pushing the
lists off the page.
How can I anchor the drop down lists on the page and still have them
functional?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I gather that you intend this to be the *same* dropdown list in all the
places; that is, the user only needs to make the choice in the list once,
and that choice is reflected on two places in each page. If that's true,
then you cannot do quite what you described. What you can do is place *one*
dropdown on the first page, and a reference field (which can be in the
header and footer) on all the other pages to repeat the text of the
dropdown.

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for more details.

--
Regards,