Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
retired

Default Create form hand receipt

Need to create ready made form so employee's can fill in blanks
to hand receipt out equipment. (name, model, serial, quanity, signature block)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonty

Hi

To create a form go to view, tool bars, forms.

Use this to create a table, insert text for your forms needs (as you've
placed below).

Once you have your grid set out, you need to go to a blank cell adjacent to
your required text and click on the ab button at the extreme left of the
toolbar. This will place ooooo in the form, then press the a button to
shade the areas in.

Once you've created the form and are happy with it, click on the 'lock' to
prevent any chnages to the form. You will see that the cursor will move to
the shaded areas for data entry.

You can edit the form if required by opening the form and clicking on the
lock again.

Hope this helps, plz let me know by inserting a reply.

Thanx

Jonty

"retired" wrote:

Need to create ready made form so employee's can fill in blanks
to hand receipt out equipment. (name, model, serial, quanity, signature block)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"retired" wrote:

Need to create ready made form so employee's can fill in blanks
to hand receipt out equipment. (name, model, serial, quanity, signature
block)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
retired

"retired" wrote:

Need to create ready made form so employee's can fill in blanks
to hand receipt out equipment. (name, model, serial, quanity, signature block)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Seems to me "retired" just wants a form he can print a bunch of copies of
and hand out to be filled in using a pen, and not fill in on the 'puter. If
that's the case, then just get yourself someone a little bit familiar with
Word and hire them to create the form for you. If that someone is fairly
good, they might even be able to make such a form in about 5 minutes, and
they might do it for nothing. Go to my forum, join, and ask there, retired.
If this is all you need, I'm happy to make one up for you, but I need you to
tell me more information on it.
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com