Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garyzim

Default Select all instances of a style disabled

I've used the Select All option on the Styles and Formatting task pane in the
past to select all instances of a particular style. Suddenly, it's not
working for me, and is disabled. Both the Select All button at the top of
the pane, and the Select All x Occurrances option in the dropdown list for
every style in the list. It says ""Select all: Not currently used " even if
there are many instances of the style in the doc.

I've checked, and my document is not protected. I've tried creating a new
document, adding text with multiple styles and multiple occurrances of each,
and still this option is disabled for some reason.

I'm using WinXP Pro, and Word 2003.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

-- garyZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garyzim

Thank you SO much for the quick response. Actually, I rebooted my machine
and looked around the toolsoptions and managed to discover it on my own. I
logged back in to post the answer, but you already did!

The next puzzling thing I have to figure out is how my options settings
changed. I noticed immediately that my units had changed from inches to
points, and I know I didn't do that myself. Something hiccupped in my
computer or in Word.

In any case, fixed now. Thanks again for jumping on this one so quick. It
was driving me NUTS.

-- garyZ

"garyzim" wrote in message
I've used the Select All option on the Styles and Formatting task pane in

the
past to select all instances of a particular style. Suddenly, it's not
working for me, and is disabled. Both the Select All button at the top of
the pane, and the Select All x Occurrances option in the dropdown list for
every style in the list. It says ""Select all: Not currently used " even

if
there are many instances of the style in the doc.

I've checked, and my document is not protected. I've tried creating a new
document, adding text with multiple styles and multiple occurrances of

each,
and still this option is disabled for some reason.

I'm using WinXP Pro, and Word 2003.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

-- garyZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Occasionally Options changes are made by poorly written add-ins. Other times
I'm convinced this is something Word does behind our backs to keep us on our
toes!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To enable this feature, you must check "Keep track of formatting" on the
Edit tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.