Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tamir Basin Tamir Basin is offline

Default Using the "Format Painter"in a table

Hi,
When usig the format painter it paste/copy only the characters and paragraph format. How can I copy and paste a cell / column format (there are borders and shadings to some of the cells).
I am using word 2003.
Thanks,
Tamir

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Word Angel Word Angel is offline

On Jan 14, 11:42*pm, "Tamir Basin" wrote:
Hi,
When usig the format painter it paste/copy only the characters and paragraph format. How can I copy and paste a cell / column format (there are borders and shadings to some of the cells).
I am using word 2003.
Thanks,
Tamir

I'm sorry Tamir, I don't think that the format painter works for cell
borders and shading. If it's something you need to do repetitively,
though, try doing the steps once while recording a macro. Then assign
the macro to a set of key functions like CNTRL + T or something. I
use this to apply border settings to tables in Excel and in Word and
it works beautifully.

Thanks,
Angel Bivins

www.wordangel.com