Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
siktui

Default Unable to see design in Words but able to in PRINT PREVIEW

Hi all,

I encountered some strange cases. Some of the designs in Words unable to
preview in my Words e.g. pictures, background, boxes with colors & text
fields. .
I could view it perfectly in PRINT Preview. Therefore, there trouble for me
to do editing as i cant know the exact pictures or design location. Pls do
help me..
I had no trouble in viewing those files in other computers with words
installed in them.
Unable to provide you the screenshots right now, but i could email it to you
all. drop me a mail at and i will forward it to you all.

Thanks and regards..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the View tab. Make sure that
"Drawings" is checked and that "Picture Placeholders" is cleared. On
the Print tab, select "Background colors and images" and "Drawing
objects". Click OK.

Then make sure that you work with your document in Print Layout view,
and you should be able to see all the objects in the document.

Note that if you are using Word 2000, you must be in Web Layout view
in order to view backgrounds, and they won't print.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP