Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petsdvm petsdvm is offline

Default "Do you want to save your changes" issue in Word 2003

I am having this problem now all the time as well and cannot figure out
why two of my 4 computers that have Word 2003 installed are doing it
and two are not? They are akk patched with all updates and they do not
share many documents? There was supposed to be a fix for this at
Microsoft, but this has never worked to stop the repeated request to
save any and all opened documents, even if blank and even if never
changed or edited???? What's the fix for this or is there one? I cannot
find any way to stop this message in Word 2003, though there are some
suggestions for Word 2002 (XP), but these do not work on Word 2003??? What
is the cause of this and how do I stop it. This just started happening for
some reason???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petsdvm petsdvm is offline

Jezebel, are you trying to be cute? I put several ? marks when I am really
puzzled by an issue, that's all. I still need an answer to my question, hope
you can help, if not, please "move on" to a different board or thread ok.
Thanks.

"petsdvm" wrote in message
I am having this problem now all the time as well and cannot figure out
why two of my 4 computers that have Word 2003 installed are doing it
and two are not? They are akk patched with all updates and they do not
share many documents? There was supposed to be a fix for this at
Microsoft, but this has never worked to stop the repeated request to
save any and all opened documents, even if blank and even if never
changed or edited???? What's the fix for this or is there one? I cannot
find any way to stop this message in Word 2003, though there are some
suggestions for Word 2002 (XP), but these do not work on Word 2003???
What
is the cause of this and how do I stop it. This just started happening
for
some reason???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Just checking whether you were really asking a question, or just ranting. So
if there's just one "?", you want an answer; but if there are three or four,
you *really* want an answer. That's helpful.

Whatever, it would make life easier for everyone if you proof-read your
questions before posting, and tried to remove at least some of the
incoherence.

"petsdvm" wrote in message
I am having this problem now all the time as well and cannot figure out
why two of my 4 computers that have Word 2003 installed are doing it
and two are not? They are akk patched with all updates and they do not
share many documents? There was supposed to be a fix for this at
Microsoft, but this has never worked to stop the repeated request to
save any and all opened documents, even if blank and even if never
changed or edited???? What's the fix for this or is there one? I
cannot
find any way to stop this message in Word 2003, though there are some
suggestions for Word 2002 (XP), but these do not work on Word 2003???
What
is the cause of this and how do I stop it. This just started happening
for
some reason???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petsdvm petsdvm is offline

Do you have any helpful suggestions...or do you just like being critical of
posters...

I normally don't come here and usually don't need to, but needed some help
and now am wrapped up in a senseless discussion about question marks....

Dr. Schmitz

Someone please help me

"petsdvm" wrote in message
I am having this problem now all the time as well and cannot figure out
why two of my 4 computers that have Word 2003 installed are doing it
and two are not? They are akk patched with all updates and they do not
share many documents? There was supposed to be a fix for this at
Microsoft, but this has never worked to stop the repeated request to
save any and all opened documents, even if blank and even if never
changed or edited???? What's the fix for this or is there one? I
cannot
find any way to stop this message in Word 2003, though there are some
suggestions for Word 2002 (XP), but these do not work on Word 2003???
What
is the cause of this and how do I stop it. This just started happening
for
some reason???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petsdvm petsdvm is offline

As far as I know, yes...it happens with all documents, new ones, old ones,
blank ones etc etc. What else can I check to see what could be updating or
what might be hidden? I install all my Office installs the same way on all
my computers and am using Word 2003, legal copies, on all 4 computers here.

Thanks Suszanne

Dr. Paul