Ubtree Ubtree is offline
Junior Member

Default "CTRL+SHIFT+DRAG" - what does this do?

After selecting a paragraph to copy, it I did (by mistake) CTRL+SHIFT+DRAG, instead of CTRL+DRAG. This did result in a copied paragraph, but it also enclosed the original paragraph in ghostly square brackets. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber[_2_] Helmut Weber[_2_] is offline

Hi Ubtree,

you have inserted a link to a paragraph.
Try [alt F9] to toggle between text and link.
The target of the link is now defined by a bookmark,
which causes the ghostly square brackets.

--

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Vista Small Business, Office XP
Ubtree Ubtree is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Weber[_2_] View Post
Hi Ubtree,

you have inserted a link to a paragraph.
Try [alt F9] to toggle between text and link.
The target of the link is now defined by a bookmark,
which causes the ghostly square brackets.
Hi Helmut,

Thank you very much for your clear - and very helpful - explanation.

Kind regards,

Ubtree