Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hyperlink Return

In Word 2007, you can use Office button | Word Options, Customize to add the
Go to TOC button to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathleen" wrote in message
Is this button available in the new Word 2007? I haven't found it.

~Kathleen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you just want to go back to the TOC, add the GoToTOC button to a
toolbar.
A custom toolbar can be saved in the document if necessary.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kathleen" wrote in message
Pat,

I figured out how to do this, but am having trouble getting the link to
be
active in a header....without having to click on the header. I want the
link
to the TOC to appear at the top of each page...I could do it manually,
but
my
doc is quite long. Do you have any suggestions on how to activate the
link
in
a header?

Thanks,
Kathleen

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day again Franklin,

If you mean EXACTLY what you say, then Yes!

Say you put a heading (not Header) on the TOC Page, above
the TOC:
Table of Contents

Select it, then use InsertBookmark
Name TOC (or whatever)
Click Add

to create a bookmark called (say) TOC - then you will see
faint square brackets:
[Table of Contents]

You can now place any text (say):
Back to Table of Contents
anywhere you please on any page.

Select it, then use InsertHyperlink

At the left, click on Place in This Document
In the main panel under Bookmarks, select
TOC (or whatever you called it)
OK

You can copy this hyperlink, and paste it anywhere else
in that same Document.

CTRL+Click will return the reader to the Heading you
first created.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"franklinbukoski" wrote in
message ...
Thank you Pat, that worked fabulously! Is it possible to place an
ICON
on
each page, e.g. a pic/clipart image that a user can click on to
always
return
to the table of contents as well?

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day Franklin,

As a more general solution:
ViewToolbars
Click on "Web"

Use the "Back" button to retrace ANY (document) hyperlink
jumps that you have made. (You can use "Forward" also).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"franklinbukoski" wrote
in
message ...
I have a table of contents with each category hyperlinked to its'
section.
Once I click on the hyperlink, how do I return to it, e.g. once I
click
on
and I go to X section, I want to click on a button to return to
the
hyperlink
area (table of contents)

Hyperlink in Word Attachment ashbronj Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 05 06:59 PM
Hyperlink Hijinks Larry Shoots Microsoft Word Help 2 February 28th 05 06:57 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
After hyperlink, the back button does not return to previous locat jattitude Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 11:24 AM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM