Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin Frank Martin is offline

Default How do I put two pages side by side on a wide screen?

I have Word 2003

I have two questions:

FIRST:
How do I put two pages side by side on a wide screen
monitor?

I can do this with Acrobat by selecting "2-up" from their
view menu.

How can I do this in word2003, because now the second page
is below the one on the screen, and so out of sight.

SECOND:
When I put a row of stars under a paragraph and press enter,
this changes to a whole line of small squares. How do I
stop this from happening?
Please help, Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

From the View menu in Word, select Zoom

From the Tools menu, select AutoCorrect and then the AutoFormat As You Type
tab and uncheck the box against Border lines.

See the article "There is a line in my document that I can't delete because
I can't select it. How did it get there, and what can I do about it?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frank Martin" wrote in message
I have Word 2003

I have two questions:

FIRST:
How do I put two pages side by side on a wide screen monitor?

I can do this with Acrobat by selecting "2-up" from their view menu.

How can I do this in word2003, because now the second page is below the
one on the screen, and so out of sight.

SECOND:
When I put a row of stars under a paragraph and press enter, this changes
to a whole line of small squares. How do I stop this from happening?
Please help, Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin Frank Martin is offline

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in
message ...
From the View menu in Word, select Zoom

Thanks, but I found a better way. View/ReadingLayout

From the Tools menu, select AutoCorrect and then the
AutoFormat As You Type tab and uncheck the box against
Border lines.

Thanks, clearing the 'border' fixed it.

Regards, Frank