Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redfox redfox is offline

Default why does my printed background appear without the gradient effect

i know the background is supposed to be for web browser pages but is there a
way I can print a copy of this page so that the colour graduates? Whenever I
print it the colour appears as a number of awful stripes which is very
distracting and hard on the eye and I'd like to be able to print the page as
It's actually seen.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check that the inkjet nozzles are clear using the software that came with
the printer and set the output to photo quality.

redfox wrote:
i know the background is supposed to be for web browser pages but is
there a way I can print a copy of this page so that the colour
graduates? Whenever I print it the colour appears as a number of
awful stripes which is very distracting and hard on the eye and I'd
like to be able to print the page as It's actually seen.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

FWIW, I've never been able to get a gradient background to print
properly on Epson or Canon printers. It looks OK on the Print Preview,
but it prints on the paper in 2-cm stripes. The nozzles are unclogged,
and the output quality doesn't make any difference.

I don't know whether it's a driver bug, but it's been consistent for
those brands and several different models.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman