Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
knorton knorton is offline

Default Lost Word/Excel do i have to pay to re-install?

Complete Novice - HELP!!!!!!

My computer is old - 4 years old and came with windows XP package installed,
and has always run automatic systems checks, few problems were found and
sorted. After a while it started almost doubling the checks and endlessly
updating. After restarting from one of the checks it completely shut down,
we think, clearing the discs. Most likely needed it!!
When it was started everything was gone, we had to completely re-install
everything. I remember having microsoft word and excel and i was sure they
was already on the computer when we bought it but since the shut down they
are gone too. I don't know if their is any thing else missing, i have
searched the best i can but with no joy.
Have i now got to buy these and re-install them or can i get downloads or
are they still in the computer somewhere??

Any help extremely greatful

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julian Mattay Julian Mattay is offline

?B?a25vcnRvbg==?=
wrote in
:

[...]

G'day,

Is it possible that just the shortcuts for Word and Excel got
deleted from the desktop? Try doing a search (probably on
drive C) for winword.exe and excel.exe.

Cheers,
Julian

--
Julian Mattay, email: julian x mattay z csiro x au
(where x - dot, z - at)