Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ER ER is offline

Default uploading and downloading a word 2007 document with the docx exten

I have a weird thing happening when I upload a word 2007 document to my
server and then try to download it EI automatically zips the file and it
gives me a bunch of junk in the file ( as if it was downloading a web app)
have no idea why IE is doing this I try it in other browsers and the word
documents open with out a problem.

Is there a setting that I need to change in IE in order for it not to do
this? or in word for to save documents by default with a .doc extension not a
..docx?

any help would be greatly appreciated.