Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elisart elisart is offline

Default Word Changes Email Message format to Plain Text

Office 2007.

I've set my email format to HTML. When I email a word doc from the Word
GUI, the Outlook message opens with the doc attached, but the message format
is Plain Text, which, among other things, ruins my formatted signature.

This is a new laptop (Windows 7) and Office 2007 install. I have four other
systems with Office 2007 and do not experience this problem, including
another Windows 7 system, XP, and Vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is not an e-mail application and HTML format and Word formats are
entirely different, so there will inevitably be a compromise. Word only
provides the means to send a document as attachment - but if you want to
send a document as the body of an e-mail (subject to the above formatting
anomalies) you can do so with a macro. You will need to set a reference to
the Microsoft Outlook 12 Object Library from the vba editor tools
references for it to work.

Sub Send_As_HTML_EMail()
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Object
Dim oItem As Object
Dim oRng As Range
Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Range
oRng.Copy
'Get Outlook if it's running
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
If Err 0 Then
'Outlook wasn't running, start it from code
Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
bStarted = True
End If
'Create a new mailitem
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(0)
With oItem
.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
.Display
Set objDoc = .GetInspector.WordEditor
Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection
objSel.Paste
.to = ""
End With
If bStarted Then
'If we started Outlook from code, then close it
oOutlookApp.Quit
End If
'Clean up
Set oItem = Nothing
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

"elisart" wrote in message
Office 2007.

I've set my email format to HTML. When I email a word doc from the Word
GUI, the Outlook message opens with the doc attached, but the message
format
is Plain Text, which, among other things, ruins my formatted signature.

This is a new laptop (Windows 7) and Office 2007 install. I have four
other
systems with Office 2007 and do not experience this problem, including
another Windows 7 system, XP, and Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"elisart" wrote in message
Office 2007.

I've set my email format to HTML. When I email a word doc from the Word
GUI, the Outlook message opens with the doc attached, but the message
format
is Plain Text, which, among other things, ruins my formatted signature.

This is a new laptop (Windows 7) and Office 2007 install. I have four
other
systems with Office 2007 and do not experience this problem, including
another Windows 7 system, XP, and Vista.

missing text in email message window Molly Microsoft Word Help 0 May 29th 07 06:42 PM
Saving in Plain Text Format hotshotz Microsoft Word Help 5 February 21st 07 03:27 PM
plain text format Joanne New Users 7 June 26th 06 07:01 AM
how do i convert a plain text email to an html email? BBA Microsoft Word Help 1 May 5th 06 01:47 AM
Opening saved email in Outlook message format Mark Microsoft Word Help 0 February 8th 05 03:57 PM