Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tigger37 Tigger37 is offline

Default Reveal Codes?

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See the article "Is there life after €śReveal Codes€ť?" at:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/RevealCodes.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L Lightner L Lightner is offline

I find the Reveal Formatting task pane helpful in "revealing" what formatting
has been applied to text.
--
L Lightner

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooper Cooper is offline

We have converted from word perfect to Word 2007. I have found MUCH
resistance with always showing the formatting marks on the screen and not
having the beloved reveal codes! The article seems to apply to earlier
versions of Word. Do you have anything about the reveal code "controversy"
(!) for Word 2007?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For other tips, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

news

"Tigger37" wrote:

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It doesn't have "codes" per se, but you can see all the formatting
applied to the selected text in the Ribbon -- the buttons are shaded,
the font and size appear in the windows, etc. You can put on your QAT
the ones for the formats you use the most.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
For other tips, seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

news

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Everything in the article still applies, except that references to the Tools |
Options dialog should be read as Office button | Word Options. Then some of the
options that are discussed are found on the Display tab of that dialog, while
others are on the Advanced tab.

In addition, Word 2007 has a new dialog called the Style Inspector. To reach it,
press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to open the Styles pane, then click the second button at
the bottom of the pane. To make it easier to use, add it to the Quick Access
Toolbar (in the Options Customize dialog, it's in the All Commands list). This
dialog shows not only what formatting is applied to the selected text, but where
it came from, and allows you to modify or delete styles selectively.

If you're absolutely determined to have WordPerfect-style reveal codes in Word
(which, as the article explains, doesn't work at all the same way), you can pay
extra for the privilege -- see
http://www.levitjames.com/crosseyes/CrossEyes.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For other tips, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

news

"Tigger37" wrote:

Does MS Word have an equivalent to WordPerfect's Reveal Codes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A version updated for Word 2007 can be found at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RevealCodes.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For other tips, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

news

reveal codes mbpd188 New Users 2 October 9th 07 10:40 PM
Reveal Codes Georgea Microsoft Word Help 2 October 22nd 06 10:11 PM
Reveal Codes BAW Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 05 03:38 PM
Reveal Codes Fao, Sean Microsoft Word Help 9 January 31st 05 03:06 PM