Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L Lightner L Lightner is offline

Default Paste Options Button

Word 2007

Can anyone explain the difference between Match Destination Formatting and
Keep Text Only? I can't seem to wrap my brain around this!!!

Thank you!
--
L Lightner
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One difference in results--

Keep Text Only will wipe *all* formatting.

If the original text has individual words in bold, italics, etc, then
Match Destination Formatting will keep those bold, italic, words, but
set the underlying font and size to match the rest of the destination
document. (So in certain instances, they will both produce exactly the
same results)

I suspect the theory of it has something to do with applying paragraph
styles via Match Destination Formatting.

95% of the time MDF is preferable for me.

L Lightner wrote:
Word 2007

Can anyone explain the difference between Match Destination Formatting and
Keep Text Only? I can't seem to wrap my brain around this!!!

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L Lightner L Lightner is offline

Thank you so much... that answers my question and was exactly what I needed
to know.
--
L Lightner

L Lightner wrote:
Word 2007

Can anyone explain the difference between Match Destination Formatting and
Keep Text Only? I can't seem to wrap my brain around this!!!

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad to help.