James H Reeve

Default When inserting a picture

I insert a picture from file but the picture does not appear on the page
until I click on that page. If I scroll up the top part of the picture will
have disappeared when I scroll back down. Once again I have to click on the
pictue to get to see it once again. Have tried various solutions with no luck
so far.

Thanks
Jay Freedman

James H Reeve wrote:
I insert a picture from file but the picture does not appear on the
page until I click on that page. If I scroll up the top part of the
picture will have disappeared when I scroll back down. Once again I
have to click on the pictue to get to see it once again. Have tried
various solutions with no luck so far.

Thanks

Hi James,

This kind of behavior typically means that your display adapter's hardware
or software isn't up to Word's demands.

First try this: Go to Start Settings Control Panel Display. Click the
Settings tab, and click the Advanced button on that tab. In the next dialog,
click the Troubleshooting tab. Set the slider for hardware acceleration a
couple of notches lower, and OK out. Now try Word to see if there's an
improvement.

If you get the acceleration all the way down to None without fixing the
problem, the next thing is to visit the web site of the manufacturer of your
video card, to see whether there's an updated driver for it. If there is, it
should also have instructions on how to download it and install it.

The final step, which costs money, is to replace the video card. Let's hope
it doesn't come to that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

James H Reeve

Jay,
Have tried lowering the acceleration and need to go to the other end of the
bar. I will look in the web site for new drivers, but I did look at an old
document which had a picture saved on it and had no probs with scrolling etc
with that one. Also if I open to this document to the trouble does not occur.
This is a solution but still can't understand why new docs have the problem
previuosly described?

Jim