page x in footer of merged doc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 24th 08, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cjlatta

Default page x in footer of merged doc

I've been reading some of the posts and have seen similar solutions using
SECTIONPAGES, but I'm not sure if that's truly the answer I need. I'm using
WinXP with Office 2003.
I have a merge doc that is a single page. It contains a table with several
lines. There is limited to no other text. The table contains the merge
fields. I can successfully do the merge and it prints great. However, since
it's only 1 page, I usually get pg. 1 of 1 (or pg. 1, pg. 2 ) on every
footer. The last time I used this document, there were 28 pages. Becasue of
the page numbering challenge, I usually hand-write each page number, but that
gets tedious.
How do I get the footer to say page 1, page 2, etc.? If the solution is
SECTIONPAGES, would you please include the 'how-to' in the reply?
Thanks in advance.