Header missing from mail merge document

Old April 1st 05, 04:31 PM
Nan Hauser

Default Header missing from mail merge document

I have generated delivery letters using mail merge from an Access query for
several years. Since converting to Office 2003, when I click the "Merge to
new document" button, the header and footer of the letter are missing in the
new document. When I do a print preview, the header and footer are there;
however, I have to email these letters, so I need the header and footer in
the new document.
Old April 1st 05, 05:56 PM
Charles Kenyon

Email doesn't use headers and footers because it doesn't use pages. Email as
an attachment if you want the header and footer.

Not seeing them in print view is related to the white space setting. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old April 1st 05, 07:17 PM
Nan Hauser

Actually, I was trying to get the header and footer into a new Word document,
not an email message. I could see the header and footer in the print
preview, but I couldn't see them in the Word document. I changed the white
space option and this corrected the problem. Thanks!