form to grant custody of a child to someone other than parent

Old April 26th 05, 02:55 AM
homeletician

Default form to grant custody of a child to someone other than parent

I need a format to grant custody of my child to someone.
Old April 26th 05, 03:26 AM
Daiya Mitchell

I think you need to go to a lawyer. You could try using google to search
the web for legal forms, or check at a stationery store, they sometimes sell
"fill-in-the-blank" legal forms.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old April 26th 05, 05:50 PM
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

If you're talking about temporary guardianship to allow your child to
travel with another family and be medically treated in case of
emergency...you simply need to write a letter and state all the
details such as the Child's name, birthday, medical details
(illnesses, regular doctor details)...the names of the people who will
be in charge during that time...the details of the trip, i.e., dates,
locations...and the fact that you give WHOMEVER (give specific names)
the permission to act as temporary guardian for medical consent during
that time. Be as specific as possible and keep a copy for
yourself...as well as giving a copy to each parent named and one to
your child to keep handy. Also be sure to discuss your wishes with
these temporary guardians.

Also make sure the child has at least one piece of ID, such as a copy
of their birth certificate.

If you mean permanent custody...then yes...consult a legal authority.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax