Greg DC

Default How do I reduce the size of a Page Header?

When I open some documents, including some that I use a base templets, I have
found by viewing the Header/Footer that the Header is set to the size of the
page. There is no content in the header. There is no way to reduce the size
of the header. When content is more than one page, the header for the first
page covers the page, the second page is the content, and a third page does
not show (in page view it just runs off the bottom of the page, in Normal the
content is there).

How do I readjust the size of the header for a page or for the document to
be just the size of the content of the header.

Thanks for your help.

Greg DC

Suzanne,
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the PAGE SETUP on the Header/Footer.
The LAYOUT was set to TOP. I shifted it back and forth. But the problem is
still there.
One note that may in soloving this problem. The document body is
taken up by a two cell table. This Table can, and often does extend for
mulitple pages. If the Table is only one page, the VIEW HEADER/FOOTER show
the head as a normal small 3 line header. But if the document goes to a
second page, the head becomes a full page.
Stranger yet, I toke a single page document, added several paragraph
markers after the table to force a second page. The header content
disappeared on pages one and two. If I removed the extra paragraph marks to
bring it back to a single page, the content of the header came back.
I have been working with Word since version 1, and this is one of the
strangest things I have seen with HEADER/FOOTERS.

"Greg DC" wrote in message
When I open some documents, including some that I use a base templets, I

have
found by viewing the Header/Footer that the Header is set to the size of

the
page. There is no content in the header. There is no way to reduce the

size
of the header. When content is more than one page, the header for the

first
page covers the page, the second page is the content, and a third page

does
not show (in page view it just runs off the bottom of the page, in Normal

the
content is there).

How do I readjust the size of the header for a page or for the document to
be just the size of the content of the header.

Thanks for your help.

The document may be corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. If that doesn't fix it,
send me a sample, and I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A header will appear to be the size of the page if the vertical

alignment of
the section is set to Bottom (on the Layout tab of Page Setup).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.