mail merge complicated

Old September 16th 05, 01:16 AM
amie

Default mail merge complicated

I HAVE A MULTIPAGE & MULTISECTION DOCUMENT("DOCUMENT2") WHICH NEEDS TO BE
STAPLED AND DUPLEXED. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PRINT A PAGE FROM ANOTHER MERGE
DOCUMENT("DOCUMENT1") BEFORE DOCUMENT2. IN OTHER WORDS FOR EACH RECORD,
DOCUMENT1 WILL PRINT AND THEN DOCUMENT2(WHICH IS DUPLEXED AND STAPLED). I
MUST MERGE DOCUMENT2 INTO A NEW DOCUMENT IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO STAPLE THE
PAGES TO EACH RECORD SEPERATELY. I AM USING VB TO RUN DOCUMENT2
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count Step 6
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i + 5
Next i
End With

OPTIONA)IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSERT A COMMAND INTO THIS VB COMMAND OF DOCUMENT2
TO PRINT DOCUMENT1?
OPTIONB)OR SHOULD I COPY AND PASTE DOCUMENT1 INTO DOCUMENT2 AND MERGE
TOGETHER TO A NEW DOCUMENT(THE DATABASE IS
THE SAME FOR BOTH), HOWEVER, IF I DO THIS, WOULD THE PRINTER BE ABLE TO
PRINT PAGE1 APART FROM THE OTHER PAGES THAT NEED TO BE DUPLEXED AND STAPLED?
OPTIONC)IF THERE ISN'T A WAY TO DO THIS, HOW ABOUT PREPRINTING DOCUMENT1 AND
ASKING THE PRINTER TO
PRINT A SEPERATOR SHEET(WHICH IS USUALLY A BLANK SHEET THAT PRINTS BETWEEN
SPOOLS). OF COURSE I RUN INTO THE PROBLEM OF GETTING THEM OUT OF ORDER IF
THE PRINTER JAMS.
I PREFER OPTIONA BUT WILL USE WHICHEVER WORKS? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME CREATE A
VB COMMAND IN ORDER TO DO THIS?

Old September 16th 05, 05:15 AM
Doug Robbins

Please don't SHOUT!

If you do not need documents 1 and 2 stapled together, I am almost certain
that you are going to have to print the documents separately and then
manually collate documents 1 and 2.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.