Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B. John B. is offline

Default I can't access my address book

I have the same problem as Joan and get the same messages. The main
difference is that I uploaded my contacts from an old Outlook program
(probably about 2000) into my new dell 5150 computer which is using Outlook
2003. I use Outlook as my email program and I have not used Outlook Express.

In the Outlook program itself I have full use of my contacts but from word
when I try to print an envelope or label from the address book I get the
error messages to which Joan referred. I am not as savy as you guys appear to
be so I would need step by step directions on how to correct this. Can anyone
help?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2003 can use *only* Outlook 2003 (not Outlook Express or any other
version of Outlook) as an address book. You may need to get help from an
Outlook newsgroup, but I believe the key is identifying the contacts in
Outlook as an address book for use in Word.

"John B." John wrote in message
I have the same problem as Joan and get the same messages. The main
difference is that I uploaded my contacts from an old Outlook program
(probably about 2000) into my new dell 5150 computer which is using

Outlook
2003. I use Outlook as my email program and I have not used Outlook

Express.

In the Outlook program itself I have full use of my contacts but from word
when I try to print an envelope or label from the address book I get the
error messages to which Joan referred. I am not as savy as you guys appear

be so I would need step by step directions on how to correct this. Can

anyone
help?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

When old PDF files are imported into Outlook 2003, Outlook can lose track
of the address book. It is often necessary to delete the Outlook Address
Book (not the Contacts list!) from Outlook tools e-mail accounts view
or change existing directories or address books. Delete the Outlook address
book(s) and re-add it. This should also reset the e-mail address book flag
in the contact list's properties.

If there is more than one contacts list, check the properties for each of
them you wish to make available to address book