Spliting A Word Document

Old September 5th 06, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boston Cowboy

Default Spliting A Word Document

How can I get word to automatically split a document into several documents
at the instance of each Header style text?
Old September 5th 06, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

There's no automatic function for that. You'll have to do it manually.

Old September 6th 06, 11:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi BC

Boston Cowboy wrote:
How can I get word to automatically split a document into several documents
at the instance of each Header style text?

As Jezebel sais, there's no predefined button for this.

If you have to do this repeatedly, I would look into creating a macro
for it. I've also heard powerusers using the MasterDocument feature for
exactly this purpose (just be ware of all the pitfalls of this beast :-)).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS