Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Bolded number list

I am looking for a solution
1. to a numbering issue also
2. everything works fine
3. most of the time
IV. then all of a sudden
V. the list numbers change to bold

The above list was the closest I could come in this format, Numbering does
NOT change from arabic to Roman numerals, rather teh change is to a larger
BOLDED font. Only the list numbers appear in this larger bbolded font NOT the
list text

I can find nothing in the previous line of text that directly points toward
this change. Admittedly some instances have been recognized following a line
containing a hyperlink or a graphic.

changing format to normal style, then reformatting to numbered lists does
NOT resolve the issue, it returns when reformatted to list. I have repeatedly
tried deleting teh list text following the first occurrence in the list. As
soon as the text is deleted, the larger bolded font of teh list number moves
up to the previous list line.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Ctrl+* or click on the Show/Hide ¶ button to display nonprinting
characters. Then select just the paragraph mark (¶) at the end of the
paragraph with the bold number and unbold it.

"JR Hester" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Sheldon Paul Sheldon is offline

I've found you can also fix this problem using the Format menu. Place cursor
immediately after the number you want to change; go to format, bullets and
numbering, select tab for outline symbol you're using (e.g. numbered,
outline, bullets, etc.) then select the syle to match your cacse (e.g.
numbers, `1., 2. 3. etc) then select customize and then select font; this
brings up the full font interactive screen and gives other options as well as
correcting the bolding problem described. Obviously not as easy as the first
suggestion, but this gives customization options if you're interested.
--
PHS

"JR Hester" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This will have no effect if the number is not formatted as bold in the
Numbering dialog, which it almost certainly isn't.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Ctrl+* or click on the Show/Hide ¶ button to display nonprinting
characters. Then select just the paragraph mark (¶) at the end of the
paragraph with the bold number and unbold it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.