Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john mcmichael john mcmichael is offline

Default Word 2007 Page Numbering

I am trying to number the pages of a 15 page doc in Word 2007.

Problem 1: I need odd number pages to be on the right and even number pages
to be on the left in the footer.

problem 2: my page numbers currently go as follows: 1, 2, 9, 2, 9,2,9,2,9,2
etc. There are no section breaks that I see when I view that type of data.
There are page breaks on some ( but not all ) pages.

Thanks in advance for the help. have a great day.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to enable "Different odd and even" in your document; then put the
page numbers at the desired position in the Odd Page Footer and Even Page
Footer. The actual numbering suggests that someone has typed the numbers in
the footers as plain text instead of inserting a PAGE field.