Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ann Ann is offline

Default Troubleshooting Outlines

I am creating an agenda using the numbering outline in Word under format.
During the middle of creating the document I had to save it and now am
returning to complete the document.

The format is:

1)
a)
1)

For some reason it won't let me tab in to create the lower levels of the
outline. I have looked at the settings and they are correct since the match
the prior section which still continues to insert the lower levels when I hit
enter and then tab over.

I am using Windows XP and Word 2003.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Ann,
Have you tried using the promote/demote buttons on the formatting toolbar
instead, they are next to the bulleting and numbering button?
Usually when the tab key does not work it is due to a setting in the
AutoCorrection options, tab AutoFormat as you type, last but one option at
the bottom of the dialog. But I guess you checked that already.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)