Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JFL JFL is offline

Default How do I delete a section break completely?

I'm editing a document that currently has 81 sections. When I tried to
remove the first section by deleting the section break (next page), the page
break line is gone, but the document still reads as 'section 1' when I place
the cursor in front of the first word. When I move the cursor a couple of
characters, the document recognizes the section as 'section 2'. How do I
remove the first section to make the old 'section 2' the new 'section 1' and
have the old €˜section 3 become the new €˜section 2, and so on?

Thank You!