Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gmi3804 gmi3804 is offline

Default Cannot get addresses to display on envelopes

I'm trying to print envelopes using a file with names and addresses. I
browse for the file, open it, and then when I merge it, the "address block"
doesn't print the address in the correct font/size and the three lines of the
address are not justified on the left.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't use the Addressblock field, it causes more problems than it solves.
Insert the individual address fields in the layout that you require. If you
are merging from Outlook you could use the sample envelopes available for
download from my web site.

gmi3804 wrote:
I'm trying to print envelopes using a file with names and addresses.
I browse for the file, open it, and then when I merge it, the
"address block" doesn't print the address in the correct font/size
and the three lines of the address are not justified on the left.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gmi3804 gmi3804 is offline

How do I "insert the individual address fields?" I'm merging from an Excel
spreadsheet of names and addresses.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Don't use the Addressblock field, it causes more problems than it solves.
Insert the individual address fields in the layout that you require.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Instead of using the wizard, select Toolbars from the View menu and then
check the Mail Merge item to display the mail merge toolbar. On that there
is a button for Insert Merge Fields. You use that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gmi3804" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Don't use the Addressblock field, it causes more problems than it
solves.
Insert the individual address fields in the layout that you require.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm The principle
is exactky the same for envelopes.

gmi3804 wrote:
Can anyone help me with this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Don't use the Addressblock field, it causes more problems than it
solves. Insert the individual address fields in the layout that you
require.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gmi3804 gmi3804 is offline

Thanks to all! It worked!