Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default FIRST RECORD

Sorry, but no, there isn't.

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Articles

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Karen Long" wrote in message
I have a mailmerge document that is pulling data from a spreadsheet, with a
certain number of lines that have the same reference number - I am
creating a
statement to send out to clients, so each client may have only one line in
the spreadsheet or multiple.

The top half of my document works well, pulls through into a table the
relevant lines from the spreadsheet.

The bottom half of my document is a repetition of the top, however, it
only
pulls through the last line of the spreadsheet for each reference number
instead of all. I cannot get it to start at the top again and work it's
way
down, is there a way to force it back to the first record?

Regards

Karen Long
IT Manager