Joseph McGuire

Default Page layout errors

Don't do anything desperate! Here are a couple shots in the dark.

Did you create the document yourself rather than working from a document
made by somebody else? Also, did you have the problem from the beginning or
did it simply appear one day? If so, can you think of anything you might
have been doing at the time the problem appeared?

In page Setup, make sure the margins are for the entire document, or if they
are for sections, that all sections have the same 1 inch margin. Does your
ruler show the 1 inch margin you wanted or was it somehow modified to match
the margin you actually have?

The margin settings can be overridden by other places where it could be set.
Put your cursor on a typical page with the big right margin and click
Format, paragraph and see if there is some sort of indent in there. With
the cursor in the same spot, check the see what style you have in effect,
and then see what sort of settings you have in that style, particularly for
paragraph.

Is anything actually "in" that big right margin? Is it possible that you
have a header or footer that extends down or up into the right margin.

Could the document be corrupted?

Hope this helps.

"Bree" wrote in message
I have a large report that is 250+ pages. Page setup indicates a page

size
of 8.5 x 11. My margins are set at 1" on all size. However, when I view
this document, there is a significantly larger piece of open page on the
right hand side. Further, when I print all or part of the document, it

only
occupies about 75% of the total page.
Please help. I am pulling my hair out!