Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EKM5409 EKM5409 is offline

Default How do I remove comment numbering or not have it display?

I have a document with several comments. I would like the comment to display
but not the comment number. Half of my document does this and the other half
does not. I do not remember how I did it before. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RUtNNTQwOQ==?=,

I have a document with several comments. I would like the comment to display
but not the comment number. Half of my document does this and the other half
does not. I do not remember how I did it before. Can anyone help?

Very difficult to even begin to guess without knowing which version of Word
you're using. And whether the documents where this was missing were perhaps
created in a different version?

As far as I know, Word generates these numbers "on-the-fly" and there's no way
to remove them.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org