Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
paulie paulie is offline

Default using tab key to indent text in cell

Suddenly, my tab key no longer works, as a single stroke, to indent my text
within a table cell and instead jumps to the next cell. I have no idea what
happened but it's very frustrating. Can anyone give me a tip on how to get
back that single-stroke function? I do not want to have to use Ctrl with it
and never had to up to now! Thank you!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Nothing happened. That is the way that it has always been. To use the tab
key in a table to move to a tab stop, you must use Ctrl+Tab.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"paulie" wrote in message
Suddenly, my tab key no longer works, as a single stroke, to indent my
text
within a table cell and instead jumps to the next cell. I have no idea
what
happened but it's very frustrating. Can anyone give me a tip on how to get
back that single-stroke function? I do not want to have to use Ctrl with
it
and never had to up to now! Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In a table cell, you will have to use Ctrl+Tab to insert a tab
character; there's no way around that.

There are several ways to create indents in your text. For example,
you can drag the indicators on the ruler.

Alternatively, you can set up an outline list (it doesn't actually
have to include numbering), as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, and
then use Alt+Shift+Left/Right arrow to change numbering levels.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"paulie" wrote in message
Suddenly, my tab key no longer works, as a single stroke, to indent

my text
within a table cell and instead jumps to the next cell. I have no

idea what
happened but it's very frustrating. Can anyone give me a tip on how

to get
back that single-stroke function? I do not want to have to use Ctrl

with it
and never had to up to now! Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--