Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markeo16 markeo16 is offline

Default How do I force caption numbers

How do I force numbers of captions, i.e. start with #20 instead of #1. I am
grafting one report onto the end of another one that somebody else is writing
- they aren't using the automatic caption numbering system so the caption
numbers and tables wont update automatically when the reports are combined.
Otherwise the numbers have to be redone manually. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can set a starting number by altering the underlying field code.
Press Alt+F9. Your captions will look similar to: { SEQ Figure }. Add
the \r switch: { SEQ Figure \r 20 } to the appropriate SEQ field.
Press Alt+F9 again to hide field codes. Press Ctrl+A to select the
whole document and then press F9 to update the display.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP