Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default MVPS answering questions

Just wondering if it is possible to somehow restrict potential replies to
certain questions to the MVP people? I value the contributions of regular
folk (well, the polite ones anyway...) but sometimes if its particularly
tricky question we need the experts.
By the way, do MVPs somehow get paid for their services - directly or
indirectly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Since you access the group thru the web interface, no. If you used a
newsreader, you could filter people out.

And no, MVPs are not paid. We are strictly volunteers who have lives just
like everyone else but we do this because we believe in helping others. (One
comment often made by MVPs is that even if they weren't reawarded, they
would still be trying to help others in the newsgroups.)

If you have questions about the MVP program, please see
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs.
--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Steve" wrote in message
Just wondering if it is possible to somehow restrict potential replies to
certain questions to the MVP people? I value the contributions of regular
folk (well, the polite ones anyway...) but sometimes if its particularly
tricky question we need the experts.
By the way, do MVPs somehow get paid for their services - directly or
indirectly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's an appalling idea! This is a user forum where users can share their
experiences - and no we don't get paid (though some MVPs offer private
consultancy at commercial rates).

Steve wrote:
Just wondering if it is possible to somehow restrict potential
replies to certain questions to the MVP people? I value the
contributions of regular folk (well, the polite ones anyway...) but
sometimes if its particularly tricky question we need the experts.
By the way, do MVPs somehow get paid for their services - directly or
indirectly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I learned about when I was contacted about being nominated. I was honored
and thrilled...and still am.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
snip
On 5/5/07 10:39 PM, in article
, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

(One comment often made by MVPs is that even if they weren't reawarded,
they
would still be trying to help others in the newsgroups.)

snip

In fact, that's a big part of *why* they get awarded as MVPs in the first
place Most don't even realize the possibility of receiving the award
until *after* having participated actively over an extended period.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac